Wow! Thank you, everyone, who reads this.
Today I was checking the stats, and this blog has already reached and surpassed 1000 readers.
I think it would be fun to examine these stats and share with you the most popular posts, regions where people are reading, and a few other things you might be interested to know.
Most Popular Posts
Let’s see which are the most popular posts since I started blogging on January 1st, 2019:
- I paid a Prostitue — 106 to 128 reads — You guys seem to love my dark and dirty side. Damn you!
- What is love? — 115 to 119 reads — glad to see I’m not the only one who struggles with this topic.
(P.S. I’m single and currently considering suitors — contact me to go on a date.)
- Life in China — 56 to 58 Reads — I’m pretty sure you DID NOT read this and it was the Chinese Government trying trying to determine whether it was offensive of supportive of their regime.
Most Popular Readers
Here are where most of my readers come from:
- United States — 174 (30%) — Why the heck do I have so many American readers? Who are you? How did you find me? I’m mind blown.
- Vietnam — 117 (20.17%) — This makes sense. I’m in Vietnam right now and I wrote a few posts focused on my life in Hanoi.
- China — 80 (13.79%) — Pretty sure this is the Chinese government. Love you guys!
- Canada — 75 (12.93%) — I’m pretty sure this is my mom coming to read my writing each and every day. Oh, and my little brother, too. Thanks fam!
- Indonesia — 43 (7.41%) — Oi, Indonesia! I’m going to be refocusing this blog soon and write all about you and us and life in Bali. See you soon!
Now, let’s look at a few random stats that I find, and maybe you’ll find, interesting:
- Average Time Reading — 1m 56s — Not bad.
- Total Page Views — 1 688 — This is awesome.
- Best Time to Read — 9 am to 10 am on Weekends AND 6 pm on Tuesdays — Why Tuesday?
What Do These Stats Mean?
Honestly? I don’t know.
The short version is, there are tracking cookies on my blog that provides me with this information. It’s 100% anonymous, I don’t know your names (unless you subscribe) and I’ll never sell this data to marketers or
advertising companies (but, I am a marketer…
I’ll share more stats when this blog hits 10 000 reads.
And, to help get there, I ask a small favor:
- Visit the Home Page.
- Choose your favorite post.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and share it on your favorite social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.)
I really appreciate your help getting my words, writing, and ramblings out there in the world.
That’s all! Thank you x 500 (😎)
Next time you’ll see a post like this will be at 10 000. Until then, more thoughts, feelings, and experiences coming your way (by the way, tomorrow’s title is Letter to losers — so — if you want to read that one, send a message using the form below and I’ll send you a personal email when it is ready — FYI — it’s a HUGE piece).
Thank you for reading.