Slightly stolen from Henry Miller, I use these as my rules of working:
- Work on one thing at a time until finished.
- Don’t be nervous. Work calmly, joyously, and recklessly on the task in hand.
- Work according to program and not according to mood; stop at the appointed time.
- Cement a little everyday, don’t add new fertilizer
- When you can’t create, you can work.
- Keep human! See people, go places, travel somewhere.
- Work with pleasure only.
- Discard the program if needed — but — go back to it next day. Concencrate. Narrow Down. Exclude.
- Work first and foremost. Friends and fun come after.
What do you use to keep yourself on task (write your thoughts below)?