ABOUT JEF VAN DE GRAAF
I’m Jef van de Graaf – a nomadic copywriter and website maker from Canada.
Escape into the great unknown
I sold all my belongings and booked a one-way ticket to Japan in 2016. Throughout my travels, I cycled across 7+ Asian countries, built a few businesses, failed multiple times, learned some new languages, got deported from Indonesia, and more.
I’ve been writing articles on JefvandeGraaf.com to share my life experiences and provide you with helpful information on freelance copywriting, website marketing, and digital nomad life.
By no means do I consider myself to be an internet “guru” luring you to purchase a get-rich-quick scam with false claims of earning millions of dollars and an Instagrammable lifestyle. I have no time for that bullshit and neither do you.
Here is a place with honest and unfiltered advice on the world as I know it. It may not be perfect – but – my greatest hope is to help you on your journey in life as you escape into the great unknown.
Want to learn more?
- Connect with me on Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
- Click here to receive my F*ck It Newsletter
JEF VAN DE GRAAF
Work Hard · Travel Far · Live Long
The escape into the great unknown is a frightening and hellish decision. But if you don’t take it, will you stay satisfied with the life you have now?
My craziest adventures.
- Hitchhiking from Toronto to Vancouver Island for 8 months with only a backpack, tent, and guitar (2010)
- Cycle touring from Toronto to St. John’s + fundraising for Boost: Child & Youth Advocacy Center (2012)
- Cycle touring South East Asia — i.e., Japan > South Korea > Taiwan > Philippines > Indonesia > Malaysia > Singapore > China > Hong Kong (2014 to 2018)
- Motorcycle touring all of Indonesia — i.e., Sulawesi, Borneo, Sumatra, and, if possible, Papua and Nusa Tenggara (In progress)
My academic accolades.
- BSc. Honours Biomedical Sciences | Double Minor in Biology & Psychology from the University of Waterloo (2012)
- Certificate in Applied Counselling | University of Manitoba (2014)
My biggest ‘business’ payouts.
- Tree planting — $10,000+ CAD in 1.5 months (2011)
- Teaching English — $5,000+ CAD in 1 month working ~40 hours (2015/6)
- Freelance Copywriting — $18,086.12 CAD for a 2-month retainer project (2021)
- Amazon Affiliate: $7.91 (2021)
- Google Adsense: $2.28 (2023)
If you’re here and wondering what to do next… I’d recommend the internet’s best consulting experience.